Candle Care Tips
To get the most use out of your candles, it's important that you take care of them before, while, and after burning. Please review the following for our suggestions on how to best take care of your candles.
- Trim the wick after each use to at least 1/4 inch.
- Keep the pool of wax free from any debris at all times.
- Place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
- Avoid drafts, vents, or air currents.
- Burn the candle for at least 2-3 hours each time but no longer than 4 hours.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or lit while sleeping.
- Never touch or move a burning candle.
- Stop burning a candle when there is 1/4 inch of wax left in the vessel.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers continuously.
- Do not use water to extinguish the candle. If available, use a candle snuffer.
- Before leaving a room, make sure the candle is completely out with no glow coming from the wick.
- Do not touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.